Sometimes while migrating emails or enabling additional mailboxes, the Outlook search index can fail to update or even become corrupted. For instance; while you are trying to search emails in instant search box, it is showing error message like “Outlook instant search not working” on Windows system.
What are the causes for indexing problem in Outlook?
- Incomplete indexing of Outlook data
- If the Outlook item that you are searching is encrypted
- Having large email attachments may also cause indexing issues
- Due to incomplete installation or disabled or faulty add-ins of Outlook
What will you do in such situation?
Sometimes waiting until indexing to complete is all that you need to do. Depending on the size of your hard drive and Outlook data, it can take many hours. If Outlook always shows the “incomplete index” error message then no matter how long you wait, it is better to solve Outlook indexing problems by Index Rebuilding. But during the process there are chances of PST file getting modified and your entire Outlook data would become inaccessible.
You can fix the indexing issue by using following steps: Select Tools -> Options -> Search Options -> In Search Options dialog box select the data file which you want to index. But this method doesn’t provide assurance to fix indexing problem when Outlook PST file is corrupted. In such situations, one can make use of ScanPST to repair corrupt PST file. In case if scanpst.exe fails to fix, then make use of Remo Repair Outlook (PST) file. This application can fix PST file issues without modifying the original content.
Fix Outlook indexing problems using Remo Repair Outlook (PST)
Remo Repair Outlook (PST) is designed to repair indexing issues on Outlook when your instant search is not working. The most notable feature of this tool is, it protects your original data as it does not work on the original PST file.Furthermore, the software doesn’t modify your corrupt file and keeps your original file intact.
Additionally, if your Outlook attributes are deleted then this tool helps you in restoring deleted items on various Outlook version including Outlook 2016.The tool can be easily installed on various Windows operating systems like Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows XP, Windows Vista etc.
Now you have learnt how to fix indexing error in Outlook using Remo Repair Outlook (PST), read on further to know in which all instances this software can be helpful
- When you encounter error messages while trying to access Outlook data
- To fix encrypted PST files
- When you are stuck with work offline error
Other features of Remo Repair Outlook (PST):
- Repairs password protected and oversized PST file easily
- Even fixes Outlook errors and restores all Outlook items
- Searches & locates PST file, even if its location is not known
- Can even recover emails after Outlook crash or when Outlook is not responding
- You can evaluate repairing results by making use of free demo version, which provides the preview of recovered items and then purchase licensed version
- To solve the queries regarding the product, contact technical support team which is available for 24*7