Audio Video Interleave or AVI file contain both audio and video data in a file container that allows synchronous audio-with-video playback. Audio or video content compressed with a wide variety of codecs is stored in an AVI files. You might have captured videos during many important occasions like wedding, holiday trip or may be your life’s first cruise voyage and saved it in AVI format which are important to you. You can play them in Mac systems using any media player.
You can’t afford to lose them at any cost. But unfortunately due to file corruption or any other reason, AVI files refuses to play in any kind of video player in Mac systems. It may be frustrating if your favorite videos and movies downloaded for hours are not playing. At such instances you may try to play the video in other media players and end up with file corruption. The simple solution to this problem is to repair the corrupted or damaged AVI file, fix them and make them playable.
This process has to be done with care using advanced repair tool like Remo Repair AVI. As the name implies, this software has been specially designed to repair any corrupted or damaged AVI files and creates a new healthy file.
Remo Repair AVI
Fixing AVI File Corruption
Remo Software can fix the corrupted or damaged AVI, XVID and DVIX files. This software can easily separate audio and video streams of AVI video and repair them separately. Soon after the repairing process, it will adjoin both streams together and form a playable AVI file. Since it is read only mode software, it won’t corrupt the original file which will be kept safe. The repaired files are playable in any kind of media player.
The repaired files can be played both on Mac and Windows operating systems. Remo Repair AVI supports the file repair from any storage medium like hard drives, SSD, SD cards, XD cards, USB drives, external hard drives, Pen Drives etc. It can fix unplayable AVI file on Mac which are created by camcorder or DSLR camera brands like Nikon, Kodak, Sony, Olympus, Samsung, Pentax, cannon, Leica, Panasonic etc. The repaired files can be evaluated using “Preview” option and it can be stored to any desired location.
Reasons for AVI File Corruption
AVI file may get corrupted or damaged due to many technical errors. Some of them might include
- Header File Corruption – An AVI header contains essential details of file like name, size, date etc. Any form of corruption to the AVI header may lead to file corruption.
- Incompatible Video Player – Playing AVI videos in unsupported media players may corrupt the files and makes them unplayable
- Converting AVI files – Frequently converting the AVI videos to other formats is not advisable. The files may refuse to play because of that.
Other reasons for AVI file corruption include bad sectors on storage media where AVI files are stored, insufficient memory space, Codec issues, virus infection, OS failure, application malfunction, hardware crash, software malfunction, renaming the file extension etc
Error Messages That May Pop Out While Accessing Corrupted AVI Files
- “One or more codecs required to open this content could not be found. Error= C00D10D1”
- “AVI file is broken. Seeking will not work correctly. Do you want to try to fix it?”
- “error 87 the parameter is incorrect”
System Requirements for Mac
Operating System – Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (64-bit), Lion 10.7 (64-bit), Mountain Lion 10.8 (64-bit), Mavericks 10.9 (64-bit) and Yosemite 10.10 (64 bit)
How to Avoid AVI File Corruption?
- Do not play your AVI files in unsupported media players
- Do not convert the AVI files to other formats frequently
- Avoid downloading AVI files from malicious sites
- Avoid interrupting the AVI file transfer in any medium