Have you formatted the CF card accidentally which contains your important pictures and thus lost all the data from it? Well, most of the CF card users would have faced this kind of scenario while using their CF card in digital camera or in other CF card compatible devices. In such cases, the media files erased from formatted CF card cannot be seen anywhere in your device memory, so you may think that it is permanently lost and cannot be retrieved back. But the truth is that you can recover them back.
Because lost photos, audios and videos will not get erased completely from the formatted CF card, they are only marked as unavailable. So, you can easily retrieve the files from formatted CF card using card recovery tool like Remo Recover.
Note– Don’t save new files on CF card immediately after it is formatted to avoid overwriting of lost data.
Quickly Recover Files from Formatted CF Cards using Remo Recover!
Formatted CF card recovery has been made easier by Remo Card Recovery software. The application designed with inbuilt algorithms which helps to scan the entire formatted CF card and to quickly recover formatted CF card files. It can recover all types of media files including images, audios, videos, etc., from formatted CF card. Other than CF card, it even retrieves files from different types of memory cards like SD card, XD card, MMC, micro SD, SDHC, SDXC cards of all popular brands.
Not just memory cards, you can also use this tool to restore data from internal and external hard drive, pen drive, iPod, etc. Along with formatted CF card, it even supports file recovery from corrupted or inaccessible CF card.
Advanced options available in Remo Recover:
You can even add or edit new signatures to search the files. It even allows you to sort the recovered data on the basis of name, size, file creation date and file type. Moreover, the application has “Find” option which allows you to locate the exact file among the recovered files. “Save Recovery Session” feature enables you to save the recovery process at any time, so that you can restart it whenever you want. You can preview recovered files prior to data restoration.
Reasons for Formatting CF Card:
- Accidentally formatting CF card instead of some other drive
- You may format your CF card when you come across an error message like “Card need to be formatted; Do you want to format it now?”
- Improper way of ejecting the CF card from the system may cause corruption which forces you to format it
- You have to format the CF card if it is severely damaged and becomes inaccessible which leaves you no option.
Before formatting CF card, if you have not maintained proper backup, then files cannot be retrieved back using normal methods. For that, you need Remo Recover tool which recovers lost data from formatted CF card in a couple of minutes.
Some other scenarios for file loss from CF card:
- Accidentally deleting important files from CF card while removing unwanted data from it
- Using the same CF card in many devices may cause damage to the file system of the CF card which results in file loss
- If any interruption occurs while moving files from CF card to some other devices, then you may face file loss from it
Remo Recover software supports following CF card brands: Kingston, SanDisk, HP, Lexar, Transcend, Samsung, Sony, Patriot, etc.
Avoid CF Card File Loss in future:
- Do not save your recovered files again on the same CF card.
- Make it a practice to take a regular backup of your files.
- Cross check while formatting your CF card due to any reasons
- Avoid abrupt removal of CF card